apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <rbl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: use apr for enterprise application?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:30:17 GMT
Since somebody else said it first, I will admit that APR's reliance on
pools were my absolute biggest mistake in APR.  I wrote an article for
Linux Magazine last month where I made it very clear that pools were
my biggest mistake.

My personal goal for APR 2.0 is to divorce APR from pools completely,
so that you can easily use pools if you want to, but you absolutely
aren't forced to do so.  And, it should be on a per allocation basis,
not per application.

Ryan

--
Ryan Bloom