apr-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mertl <m...@traveller.cz>
Subject idea for and addition to the APR
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2005 21:27:05 GMT
Hello

I've just started programming for apache2 with apr and I'm missing the
ability to specify that a parameter to a function or a local variable is
unused. Is there some way to do that with APR?

In FreeBSD I use __unused which is converted by /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h
to __attribute__((__unused__)) for recent version of gcc.

I like to have as high compiler warnings as possible and unability to
specify this causes lots of warning which could otherwise be hidden. Of
source I know I can do -Wno-unused with gcc, but it isn't a solution.

Did anyone thought about adding something like it to the APR? Or did I
just overlook it? The name could be APR_MARK_UNUSED or some such.
Implementation should be trivial - either we know how a platform does it
or we would define it out.

Just a thought.

Michal Mertl