apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ersin Er <ersin...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr>
Subject Re: apr_dbd [lack of docs for apr]
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:58:55 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> Ersin Er wrote:
>
>>I wish we'll see a user's guide for the library. I seems pretty useful.
>

> Was that about apr_dbd, or about APR in general?

About APR in general and about apr_dbd in particular. I mentioned
apr_dbd in fact but I want to mention the lack of documentation for APR
here again.

> One reason for integrating it into APR is that it then gets the
> benefit of doxygen-generated documentation of the API.

It's OK but people need more;  mean guides and best practice docs.

> As regards tutorials, I have a few for aspects of the APR at
> http://www.apachetutor.org/ .  I'll probably write one about
> apr_dbd in the not-too-distant future.

That site seems to be related mostly with Apache development not pure
APR development. People who want to use APR for their own projects still
need more of them at that site.

> It's true that overall, information about APR (and programming info
> about httpd) tends to be fragmented.  Apachetutor is my (ongoing)
> attempt to do something better.

Again let me say, I'll be glad to see a user's guide for apr and
apr_dbd. I start a new project in the following weeks that uses apr and
apr_dbd. I really need those docs.

Thanks.

--- Ersin