apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apr.exp: purpose?
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:50:57 GMT
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:45:38 +0200 (SAST), Graham Leggett
<minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
> Jeff Trawick said:
> > I don't know of any uses other than on AIX.
> >
> > It is used by some applications at build time on AIX.
> > It could/should be used by APR at build time on AIX to make sure we
> > don't export any unintended symbols, though I don't think we use it
> > that way at present.  (httpd.exp *is* used that way.)
> Is it possible to rename this file to be apr-0.exp and apr-1.exp without
> any ill effects?

The ill effect would be that somebody's application build would fail.
But that isn't a horrible problem.  I'm fine with renaming these as
you suggest and possibly breaking a handful of people as they upgrade
APR and rebuild their app the first time.

View raw message