apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: oo-dev Inquiry - Interest?
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:53:42 GMT
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Mladen Turk wrote:

> (chop)

I've been mulling over thoughts that might relate to this: modularisation
of apr_util - in the sense of making it a set of APIs impelemented
by loadable dso modules.

The rationale here is to deal with the functionality-vs-bloat dilemma.
There's a lot of apr-extension code floating around: for example apvfs or
apr_http_client, sharing the property of being APR-based and of likely
interest to projects using APR.  Can we accommodate this kind of
extension in the manner of modules for httpd?

> AFAICS the OO effort will need two things:
> 1. Low level interface to a particular OO technology
> 2. High level or abstract interface equal on each
>     technology.
> 3. APR api for loading OO language engine.

If we work towards a modular extensible core, then this becomes one
element of that effort, I think?

--
Nick Kew