apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r111346 - /apr/apr/trunk/CHANGES /apr/apr/trunk/apr-config.in
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:49:51 GMT
--On Wednesday, January 19, 2005 12:21 PM +0000 Joe Orton
<jorton@redhat.com> wrote:

> They say to use the "gnu-libtool" port rather than one of the versioned
> libtool ports, and that the latter are deliberately broken^Wdifferent
> and not for use outside the ports packages.  I presume the "gnu-libtool"
> port installs a real "libtoolize" into $PATH.

No, it doesn't.  Fun, isn't it?  It installs into /usr/local/gnu-autotools/.

I think the use of this extra set of ports is silly.  I don't see why we
can't use the 'broken' libtool ports: it works suitably fine for me (modulo
Martin's bogus changes that need to be reverted).  -- justin