apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: pocket pc port
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 01:14:26 GMT
And footnote - after Justin's and others' efforts, we actually
incorporated a number of WinCE patches.

You can likely start with the win32 apr (libapr) win32 .dsp
project files, and migrate to that platform.

Bill

At 05:28 PM 1/27/2005, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>--On Thursday, January 27, 2005 8:15 AM -0500 Wilbert Jackson <wilbert.jackson@comcast.net>
wrote:

>>Anyone have any experience in porting APR to run on an ARM based Pocket
>>PC device?
>
>Incredibly, yes, I do.  =)
>
>I no longer have the Pocket PC device (I did this about two years ago), but I indeed wrote
an APR app that ran on Pocket PC running WinCE.

>I was able to use the 'Embedded Visual C++' compiler.  I had to generate a build system/project
for it and then import the APR sources, but it mostly looked like a Win32 system as far as
APR was concerned.  So, there wasn't too much hassle involved once you could compile and link
against APR.