apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Branching 1.1.x
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:43:14 GMT
At 12:19 PM 1/19/2005, Paul Querna wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>  svn cp .../trunk .../branches/1.1
>>Or if we decided not to use trunk, we can also
>>  svn cp .../tags/1.1.0 .../branches/1.1
>^^ that was my plan. (branches/1.1.x/)

The only question you hadn't answered, do we need trunk = 1.2
today, or can trunk remain 1.1.x until a feature patch drives
us to split 1.1.x from 1.2?  I ask because changes to head
would likely be desirable for 1.1.1 until we really drive to
release 1.2.0.

>>One final commentary, is it really necessary to keep trying
>>to sync version numbers of apr and apr-util?  E.g. apr-iconv
>>hasn't changed, it shouldn't need a bump/release at all.
>I don't think it is a requirement for minor point releases. but it makes sense in this
case since both have had major additions/changes since 1.0.x.

Agreed today, and apr-iconv shouldn't be pushed at this time,
I don't think.  [I'll have to look.]


View raw message