apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Branching 1.1.x
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:59:28 GMT
I understand

  svn cp .../trunk .../tags/1.1.0

are you planning to drop any new API interfaces from that rev?

Until we commit new API interfaces, doesn't it make as much
sense to leave svn trunk at 1.1 rev?  If we decide to further
fix 1.1.x, we can commit those changes to svn trunk.

If we decide in two weeks to plow ahead to 1.2 or 2.0, at
that moment, we can

  svn cp .../trunk .../branches/1.1

Or if we decided not to use trunk, we can also

  svn cp .../tags/1.1.0 .../branches/1.1

Given all our options with SVN, is it necessary today to
push the trunk to any given rev number?  

On your suggestion to let 1.1.0 fly, I will do a bit of 
comparison at the ABI level before my +1, otherwise sounds 
great.  My only concern is the somewhat crufty .exp files 
hacks, which I'll review tomorrow.

One final commentary, is it really necessary to keep trying
to sync version numbers of apr and apr-util?  E.g. apr-iconv
hasn't changed, it shouldn't need a bump/release at all.

Bill

At 12:23 AM 1/19/2005, Paul Querna wrote:
>If there are no objections, I will copy APR and APR-Util trunk to ~/branches/1.1.x/ either
late Thursday or Friday.
>
>Shortly afterwards I will start with 1.1.0-RC1.
>
>Trunk will become 1.2.0-dev.
>
>My only remaining concern is the stability of the LDAP Code.  Are the SSL/TLS Upgrade
issues resolved?
>
>Regarding APR-DBD, I agree with Nick that it would be best to get it into Subversion as
soon as possible, but I do not see any reason to hold up 1.1.x for it.
>
>-Paul Querna
>



Mime
View raw message