apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject oo-dev Inquiry - Interest?
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:26:31 GMT
I'm posting to determine who in the apr project would
be interested in a defining a common oo approach to apr
and hosting those efforts in this sphere within apr?

E.g.;

  * an oo-dev@apr.apache.org list, discussing and coming
    to a common approach for exposing apr as an object
    model.

  * a /repos/asf/apr/oo/ tree containing the implementations
    of this consensus, e.g. c++ wrapper, java org.apache.apr,
    perl xs bindings, php, python etc.  Perhaps some specific
    threshold, say three individual contributors before a given
    binding is 'supported', would be useful.

This would obviously be with an invitation to our modperl
user community, since they have the most comprehensive wrapper
thus far, invitations to the other interested groups including
authors of several c++ bindings.

It seems to me this is a universal question with many specific
language solutions, that would best be addressed by the apr
community itself.

Comments?  Interest?

Bill