apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: LDAP changes in apr-util 1.0.x
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:42:35 GMT
At 11:05 AM 1/5/2005, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>Graham Leggett wrote:
>>
>> I don't see any hassles about requiring that httpd depend on a certain
>> minimum APR (it does already - httpd v2.1 depends minimally on APR v1.0)
>> - the only issue is that there has been no official release of apr v1.1
>> yet for httpd to depend on.
>>

>Agreed. Let's do apr 1.1

Let's collectively vet apr 1.1 new API changes (now, not a week
from now) so we don't have to backtrack and deprecate things
later.  Remember we are committing to support interfaces upon
each release on a minor bump.

I'm working on httpd-2.1/apr-1.1 as I comment.  Yes, apr-1.1
is about ready, and I agree that multicast can be deferred
for apr-1.2.

Bill