apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Branching 1.1.x
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:51:42 GMT
--On Wednesday, January 19, 2005 12:43 PM -0600 "William A. Rowe, Jr."
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> The only question you hadn't answered, do we need trunk = 1.2
> today, or can trunk remain 1.1.x until a feature patch drives
> us to split 1.1.x from 1.2?  I ask because changes to head
> would likely be desirable for 1.1.1 until we really drive to
> release 1.2.0.

I'd be afraid of a change being committed into the trunk that breaks
compatibility.  What Thom and I did for 1.0.1 was to do a diff between
trunk and 1.0.0 and review what changed and backport everything we could
that didn't alter the API.  I think that's the safest course of action -
but it places more work on the RM.  However, I'd prefer that APR trunk
checkouts don't mis-report compatibility.  So, yes, I think trunk should go
to 1.2.0 once 1.1.0 is out.  -- justin