apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Commit mail subject lines [was: svn commit: r126493 - /apr/site/trunk/docs/download.html ...]
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:05:19 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> <julianfoad@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmm.  My thought is that the prefix "svn commit " is redundant and should
>> be dropped.  A subject starting with "r126493 -
>
> We always had the 'cvs commit' prefix.  I see no compelling reason to
> change this.  -- justin

I do.  It becomes much harder to track which changes are of interest
to me when I can't see any meaningful information in the subject line.
It's the same problem as spam: the commits I want to look at are drowned
in those I have no interest in (e.g. recently LDAP - glad to see it
there, but I have nothing to contribute to that work).

--
Nick Kew