apr-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Commit mail subject lines [was: svn commit: r126493 - /apr/site/trunk/docs/download.html ...]
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:35:38 GMT
Reid Spencer wrote:
> This is a bit of a silly request, but could we get the APR commits list
> to use the prefix "apr commits" instead of "svn commits" in the subject
> line? I'm on the mailing list for both Subversion and APR and I get
> confused every time APR sends me an "svn commit" because I think its for
> Subversion not APR.

Hmm.  My thought is that the prefix "svn commit " is redundant and should be
dropped.  A subject starting with "r126493 - /apr/site/trunk/docs/download.html
..." should be sufficiently obvious.  That change wouldn't in itself help you
to distinguish between one project and another, but it would remove the "svn"
prefix that partly confuses you, and you could filter them based on the sender
and/or look at the subject line after the revision number.

- Julian