apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Looking for HOWTO: Linking to APR
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:53:15 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>>On platforms like Solaris where there isn't a dominant compiler, the CC
>>mismatch becomes a showstopper.

> No, it's not.  Forte can link against C libraries built with gcc and vice
> versa.  It's C++ libraries that causes a problem.  -- justin

I was talking about CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS, in other words this
comment:

 > I'd say: --cppflags, --includes and --cflags at compile stage,
 > --ldflags, --cflags, --libs and --link-ld at link stage, and best
 > using CC as `apr --cc` throughout.

Using 'apr --cc' and compiler specific flags implies that if the apr
binary was built with the Sun Forte compiler, then my application must
also be built with the Sun Forte compiler, but I may not be the proud
owner of the Sun Forte compiler.

What are the issues specifically with C++ libraries that causes a problem?

Regards,
Graham