apr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: APR 1.1.0 Releasee Cycle?
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:07:52 GMT
Garrett Rooney wrote:
> Paul Querna wrote:
[...snip..]
>> My list of issues holding up APR-1.1.0:
>>
>> 1. Is the APR Multicast API stable enough to keep it the same until
>> APR-2.0. (I think it is, and everyone who has commented on it so far
>> agrees, but it is still 'new').
>

> I would like to see some real world applications that make use of the
> new API before we set it in stone.

I have only been doing relatively simple test applications with this API.

> (I imagine
> you had some purpose in mind when you started work on them)

Yes, mostly to make it easier to make something like mod_backhand for
Apache 2.

> Additionally it would be nice if it was implemented on a non-unix
> platform, AFAIK it hasn't been yet.

I believe it works on NetWare.  I don't believe anyone has done the
win32 bits yet.

>> 2. APR DBI/DBD from Nick Kew is not yet into APR-Util.  I think there
>> was general agreement that this interface would be worth having, but
>> Nick is waiting to be granted karma for APR. PMC?
>

> I would like to see this in APR-Util, but I'm skeptical of just dropping
> the code into the tree and rolling a release.

What would you prefer? dropping the code into the tree and rolling a
release 8 months later?

-Paul