apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: APR 1.1.0 Releasee Cycle?
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:59:14 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:

> I would like start an APR 1.1.0 release cycle now`ish.
>
> I do have some free time right now, and I am willing to act as a release
> manager, but I have never done that before. (Hurray for being jobless!)
>
> Correct me if I am wrong, but to be RM, you just need commit bits for apr?
>
> My list of issues holding up APR-1.1.0:
>
> 1. Is the APR Multicast API stable enough to keep it the same until
> APR-2.0. (I think it is, and everyone who has commented on it so far
> agrees, but it is still 'new').

I would like to see some real world applications that make use of the
new API before we set it in stone.  This may already exist (I imagine
you had some purpose in mind when you started work on them), but a
pointer to a working pile of code that makes use of this stuff would be
nice.  Additionally it would be nice if it was implemented on a non-unix
platform, AFAIK it hasn't been yet.

> 2. APR DBI/DBD from Nick Kew is not yet into APR-Util.  I think there
> was general agreement that this interface would be worth having, but
> Nick is waiting to be granted karma for APR. PMC?

I would like to see this in APR-Util, but I'm skeptical of just dropping
the code into the tree and rolling a release.

-garrett