apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: oo-dev Inquiry - Interest?
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:32:56 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

 > I'm posting to determine who in the apr project would be interested
in a defining a common oo approach to apr
 > and hosting those efforts in this sphere within apr?
 >

 > Comments?  Interest?

Well, as you might already know I'm more then interested :) .
There is already an effort integrating small subset of Java
interface to APR:
http://www.apache.org/~mturk/apr-java.tar.gz
Also back in '03, I wrote an cpp interface for APR
that was meant to be used for next generation JK3 connector
written in CPP, but the idea was not accepted.
http://www.apache.org/~mturk/apr-cpp.zip

AFAICS the OO effort will need two things:
1. Low level interface to a particular OO technology
2. High level or abstract interface equal on each
    technology.
3. APR api for loading OO language engine.

Most of this exists to some extent but is scattered across
various ASF projects.
For example perl developers have a code to load the engine,
as well couple of commons/daemon project have that for Java.
mod_aspdotnet has something similar too.
IMHO this would be a good starting point to bring the
effort to life.

Regards,
Mladen.