apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: LDAP changes in apr-util 1.0.x
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:58:17 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> I'm still catching up from holiday stuff, but I presume you do mean just
> apr-util not apr?  I think it would be preferable if any dependencies on
> apr{,-util}-1.1 in httpd were conditional at compile-time (using
> ap?_version.h), but there should be no barriers to release other than
> round tuits, unless there are any regressions recently.

Cool.

> If there is a hard dependency it should be enforced at configure-time
> and that requires more AP?_FIND_AP? hacking I expect! (which would be
> more work than just removing the dependency :)

Which in turn means the platform specific stuff that required the API
change moves back into httpd, and suddenly we're back to #ifdef heaven.

I don't see any hassles about requiring that httpd depend on a certain
minimum APR (it does already - httpd v2.1 depends minimally on APR v1.0)
- the only issue is that there has been no official release of apr v1.1
yet for httpd to depend on.

Regards,
Graham