apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Looking for HOWTO: Linking to APR
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:24:49 GMT
Joe Orton said:

>> What flags (in other words apr-config --<something>) must be used at
the compile stage? What flags must be used at the link stage?

> I'd say: --cppflags, --includes and --cflags at compile stage,
> --ldflags, --cflags, --libs and --link-ld at link stage, and best using
CC as `apr --cc` throughout.

But this means that the same compiler must be used for the application as
is used to build APR, which isn't always practical (especially on
Solaris).

If I release a Solaris package built with say Sun's C compiler, then
nobody can compile anything against APR unless they have also bought the
Sun C compiler :(

> That's pretty weird.  You weren't mixing 64-bit and 32-bit objects or
anything?  "ar -tv" output on libapr-0.a show anything other than .o
files in the archive?

Let me check and see.

Regards,
Graham