apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: pocket pc port
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:28:45 GMT
--On Thursday, January 27, 2005 8:15 AM -0500 Wilbert Jackson
<wilbert.jackson@comcast.net> wrote:

> Anyone have any experience in porting APR to run on an ARM based Pocket
> PC device?

Incredibly, yes, I do.  =)

I no longer have the Pocket PC device (I did this about two years ago), but
I indeed wrote an APR app that ran on Pocket PC running WinCE.

I was able to use the 'Embedded Visual C++' compiler.  I had to generate a
build system/project for it and then import the APR sources, but it mostly
looked like a Win32 system as far as APR was concerned.  So, there wasn't
too much hassle involved once you could compile and link against APR.

HTH.  -- justin