apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: apr_dbd: a generic SQL wrapper
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:34:00 GMT
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Nick Kew wrote:

> Currently I have code for a proposed apr_dbd that compiles and loads
> cleanly, comprising apr_dbd.[c|h], a MySQL driver apr_dbd_mysql,

I've now added a test program, and the drivers for MySQL and PostgreSQL
work for me.  Time to post here for preliminary review.

I attach the current candidate APR software:

apr_dbd.h	- specifies the API
apr_dbd.c	- implements (skeleton) framework
apr_dbd_mysql.c	- driver for MySQL
apr_dbd_pgsql.c - driver for PostgreSQL
apr_dbd_test.c	- test program

There's a package containing this together with some related stuff
at http://www.apache.org/~niq/apache-dbd.tar.bz2

If it is accepted as a startingpoint for an apr-util module, I'll
donate it to ASF and license it all under ASF terms.
If not, all rights reserved.

The Prepared Statement stuff is ugly: do any of the Perl folks know
how Perl DBI deals with different syntaxes and backends, and is there
anything we can usefully steal?

--
Nick Kew