apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: apr_dbd: a generic SQL wrapper
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:58:33 GMT
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Nick Kew wrote:

> > Why does the close function take a void arg?  Can't we just pass it an
> > apr_dbt_t *?
>
> To pass to apr_pool_cleanup funcs without a cast :-)

Don't do this.  This is exactly the sort of thing that got us into trouble
with apr_brigade_cleanup().  In particular, the calling convention was
broken on Win32, so a static wrapper function had to be thrown in with the
default calling convention to avoid badness.  I suggest you do the same
here, and have apr_dbd_close() take an apr_dbd_t* explicitly.