apr-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building APR using free Microsoft Tools HOWTO
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 02:39:31 GMT

On Dec 22, 2004, at 4:53 PM, Jeff White wrote:

> But even better than make, for those up to
> date Windows systems users, is to use
> the free XML based .NET Framework
> "build systems" like NAnt
>
> NAnt
> http://nant.sourceforge.net/
> http://nant.sourceforge.net/nightly/latest/help/index.html
>
> NAntContrib
> http://nantcontrib.sourceforge.net/help/index.html
> http://nantcontrib.sourceforge.net/
>
> and Microsoft's free MSBuild
> (for those beta testers)
>
> MSBuild: The new build system
> for the .NET Framework
> http://blogs.msdn.com/msbuildexplorers/archive/2004/06/30/170161.aspx
>
> MSBuild Bloggers And Resources
> http://channel9.msdn.com/wiki/default.aspx/MSBuild.MSBuildLinks
> http://www.flexwiki.com/default.aspx/
> FlexWiki.MSBuildBloggersAndResources
>
> Targeting Everett/Ranier
> (.NET 1.1/1.0) from Visual
> Studio 2005  (MSBuild)
> http://mark.michaelis.net/Blog/PermaLink.aspx?guid=a2aa1af7-e71e-4296
> -81fe-7bcecbb7a9cd

I have been threatening to write a build using Ant
(http://ant.apache.org) + cpptasks (http://ant-contrib.sf.net) which
have the added benefit of covering other compilers like Borland C++
from the same build script.  It is a not tonight but before say 15 Jan
task for me unless somebody beats me to it.

By the way, I'm trying to track down some crashes that I'm having when
using APR from log4cxx (http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx) only on
Win32.  Basically, create and destroying a mutex without ever locking
it seems to be crashing and I'm getting what appears to be pool
corruption when doing IO on multiple files on the same pool.  I'll
eventually either find out what I'm doing wrong that only causes Win32
to crash or I'll log bug reports with specifics.  Do these symptoms
ring a bell with anybody?