apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject apr_status_t for apr apps
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:04:21 GMT

There are quite a few places within apreq
where some error condition is detected, and
it's of the form "some apr function call failed,
or else something's wrong with the input data".
The first case can be handled well enough
with an apr_status_t field, but in apreq
we don't do a good enough job with the second:
we just log the specific error and return
APR_EGENERAL. I'd really like to replace the
APR_EGENERAL error code with something more
specific for the few (but relatively frequent)
cases that trigger it.

Is there some region of the apr_status_t number
range for application-specific error codes?
How do folks here normally deal with this?

Thanks!
--
Joe Schaefer