apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Building APR using free Microsoft Tools HOWTO
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:20:42 GMT
Mladen, just an FYI... this would leave a couple key issues;

 1. This is not an MSVCRT based build, there is a new set of
    clib dll files corresponding to the new compilers, which
    are not nearly as widely distributed as MSVCRT.dll

 2. Some C headers and libs are not in the free compiler nor
    in the platform SDK.  For example, delayimp which allows
    late binding (we used in for mod_aspdotnet) isn't present.

 3. The free compiler does no optimization whatsoever.

IIRC bin/Win64 is only available in specific PSDK distributions.

So this isn't quite useful for ASF production builds.  However
it may prove incredibly useful for apxs builds.

Bill