apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Compilation on Windows
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 22:27:56 GMT
At 03:42 PM 12/9/2004, Branko Čibej wrote:
>Tangui Morlier wrote:
>
>By the way, folks, why on earth do those files have svn:eol-style set to "native" instead
of "CRLF"?

* because they contain text

* because 'patch' should always 'just work'

* because other platform maintainers may add/delete sources

* because .dsp/.dsw are only the 'obvious' problem.  The less
  obvious issue is that the compiler gets entirely twisted about
  what 'line number' of the sources corresponds to a given
  symbol, and the debugging support becomes worthless with \n
  terminated sources.

apr/lineends.pl exists for this purpose.  Sadly, it can and will
corrupt svn tree files if you use it on a checkout, rather than
on a tarball.  I'll commit the patch shortly.

Bill