apr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: Are shared memory memory pools possible?
Date Sat, 25 Dec 2004 17:39:13 GMT
Ivan Ristic wrote:

> I have a need to share a hash table among several processes. It's for an
> Apache 2 module. Is there a way to get an APR memory pool to use a
> pre-allocated shared memory segment? Or to initialize a pool with a
> custom allocator, one that only allocates data from shared memory?

An alternative might be using memcached via apr_memcache:

http://www.outoforder.cc/projects/libs/apr_memcache/

I plan on trying to get apr_memcache into APR-Util sooner or later.  I
wanted to write up a patch for mod_ssl to use it as a SSL Session
storage backend first.  I am already using it in my mod_gnutls to store
SSL sessions.

-Paul