apr-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Advice: deprecating #defines in APR v1.0
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:59:52 GMT
Hi all,

In the LDAP code within APR v1.0, there are a number of #defines like so:

#define APR_HAS_NOVELL_LDAPSDK 1
#define APR_HAS_OPENLDAP_LDAPSDK 1
...etc

Practically these #defines are bogus, On Windows and Netware they are
defined correctly (because W and NW have their own header files) but on
Unix the value is set to APR_HAS_OPENLDAP_LDAPSK at all times,
regardless of the SDK in use.

I would like to deprecate these #defines in v1.0, and remove them from
v1.1. Is this allowed according to the compatibily rules? My
understanding says it must be deprecated in v1.1 also, and removed in
(eventual) v2.0 - is my understanding correct?

Regards,
Graham