apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Dependencies and Modularity in APR
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:35:58 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> The apr_dbd code I posted a few days ago is in 'classic' APR shape.
> Like, for example, apr_dbm, it allows different backends to be
> configured or omitted, but only at build time.

This seems like the correct way to go.

> I don't have APR karma, so I'm spared having to infer whether I have
> a mandate to commit them.  But I'm attaching the updates.  I'd like
> to reach a decision soon, so it can either go into APR and benefit
> from our collective efforts, or revert to my control without reference
> to anyone else.

I'm in favor of committing this work.  A SQL API seems like a worthwhile
addition to apr-util, given the number of apache modules (and other
applications) that make use of SQL databases and the fact that we
already include an equivalent abstraction layer for the various DBMs.  I
think there are improvements that can still be made, but it seems like a
great start, and further work can be more easily done once it's in the tree.

-garrett