apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: Compilation on Windows
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 21:42:28 GMT
Tangui Morlier wrote:

> I could not acces to the mailing list archive. If this topic has
> already been discused here, please tell me how i can read these messages.
>
> I used apr in linux without any problem. Now I would like to use the
> windows version. As i could not find the binary distribution, I tried
> to compile it. I downloaded the apr, apr-util, apr-iconv source
> archives, untared then and try to compile them with Visual C++ Pro 6.0
> as indicated in your web site, but it is not working.

That's because you downloaded the "Unix source", where the DSP files
have don't have the correct line endings (\n instead of \r\n), and MSVC
doesn't like that. I suggest you use Subversion to check out the latest
files on a Windows box.

> More info in the log file attached.
>
> Thanks for your help,

By the way, folks, why on earth do those files have svn:eol-style set to
"native" instead of "CRLF"?

-- Brane