apr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r109832 -
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:35:11 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 00:01:05 -0700, Paul Querna <chip@force-elite.com> wrote:
>
>>Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>  > we're hosed here if apr_file_write() can only write part of the data
>>
>>>(tbytes is < vec[i].iov_len and rv is APR_SUCCESS); don't you also
>>>need to bail if tbytes < vec[i].iov_len?
>>
>>Committed r109865 which uses apr_file_write_full() to hopefully write
>>the entire iovec.
>>
>>According to the docs for apr_file_write_full, if it returns in an error
>>  condition, you should add the number of bytes written.
>

> 1) write_full() has the wrong semantics for apr_file_writev();
> apr_file_writev() and apr_file_write() are not supposed to block

Thanks, I didn't think about the issue of write_full() blocking.
r109892 uses apr_file_write(), and adds the check for an under-write
as you originally suggested.

> 2) fix the code formatting

Can this please be more specific?  I reviewed the style guide at
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/styleguide.html and I believe all of the
code I have modified here is within those guidelines.

Thanks,

-Paul