apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpflem...@starnetworks.us>
Subject Newbie: use in already-threaded application?
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:37:24 GMT
I'm looking into using apr for an existing application, so that I can
use its hash tables, pools, rings, atomic operations, etc. The concern I
have is that the application is already multi-threaded (using pthreads)
and I'm not ready to re-engineer the entire codebase... I need to start
small and convert pieces over. Eventually it may use apr's thread
management as well, but for now it won't.

The question is: can I safely use the apr functions (non-thread-related)
in a multithreaded application that does not use apr's thread management?