apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Stas's proposed symbol renames
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:02:41 GMT
On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 10:36:56AM -0600, Jeff White wrote:
> From: "Joe Orton"
> >Well, since you really want feedback... ;) I often think this "naming
> >correctness" stuff goes too far, it just makes the API too verbose
> >and it can become unwieldy and ugly.  Do you genuinely get confused
> >by the existing names?
>
> Yes proper naming is very important as it is now being found out in
> the .NET Apache module, where all ASF's names and parameter's names
> are coming into view (what is that???).

I also thing it's important that the APR C API is designed and optimised
for use by C programmers.  Those writing bindings for other languages
will naturally have to invent naming conventions that are appropriate to
the language in question, but that needn't impose any different naming
requirements on the C API.

joe