apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r109832 -
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 19:43:01 GMT
On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 10:35:11AM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
> >On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 00:01:05 -0700, Paul Querna <chip@force-elite.com>
> >1) write_full() has the wrong semantics for apr_file_writev();
> >apr_file_writev() and apr_file_write() are not supposed to block
>
> Thanks, I didn't think about the issue of write_full() blocking.
> r109892 uses apr_file_write(), and adds the check for an under-write
> as you originally suggested.

...and back to the beginning, did you read the original thread on this
topic?  The fact that the caller must cope with short writes is exactly
why the original implementation was valid and correct.  All subsequent
versions have been variously buggy - the type of tbytes is still wrong.
I think this should just be reverted back to the original version.

joe