apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: 2.2 roadmap with respect to APR was Re: [NOTICE] CVS to SVN migration complete
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:20:56 GMT
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Garrett Rooney wrote:

> I guess I'm just arguing for a single branch that's the target of the
> current development, as opposed to one 64 bit dev branch and one trunk
> which holds other changes, thus requiring us to either invest constant
> effort in merging changes from the trunk into the 64 bit branch or
> letting it get kind of stale and then having a mega-huge merge into the
> trunk at the end.

The only question is whether we want to keep trunk as 1.1-dev or 2.0-dev.
But I guess with SVN it's easy to branch 1.1 and 1.0 off of what's now the
1.0 branch (rename the 1.0 branch to 1.1 and branch a new 1.0 branch off
of that, or whatever).

So sure, screw it.  APR trunk is now 2.0-dev.  Have fun.