apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: apr Vs glib
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 15:39:24 GMT
On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Marco Spinetti wrote:

> Can someone explain me the difference between apr and glib?
> I see the glib doc
> (http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/index.html) and it seems
> very complete: it has a lot of similar apr functions.

Well, as you say, there is a lot of overlap in the APIs.  But there are
differences; for one thing, APR uses a pool-based memory management scheme
for almost everything.  Second, glib appears to work by way of a main
event loop, and APR has no such concept.  Also, the two have different
licenses, which may or may not be important to you depending on what
you're trying to do.  :)  There are of course countless other differences,
but hopefully this gives you an idea...

View raw message