apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: More informative SVN subject line (Re: svn commit: r76284 - apr/apr/trunk)
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 02:22:17 GMT
I happen to agree that the commit messages suck, but the right thing
to do is have a look at the script and suggest a patch on the
infrastructure mailing list.  I would do it myself, but have a paper
to write first.  I also think that placement of the Log text after
the long list of files is obviously broken, and the commit template
does not include prefixes for

    Submitted by:
    Reviewed by:
    Obtained from:

which are really really important.

I don't think that this discussion belongs on every mailing list
that uses subversion -- move it to infrastructure.

....Roy