apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: More informative SVN subject line (Re: svn commit: r76284 - apr/apr/trunk)
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:47:17 GMT
--On Friday, November 19, 2004 2:41 PM -0700 Brad Nicholes
<BNICHOLES@novell.com> wrote:

> listings to keep the subject line shorter and more informative.  I also
> don't need to see "svn commit: rxxxx" at the front of every message.  I
> already know it is an SVN commit based on the mailing list it came from.
>  And if I am really interested in the revision number, I'm sure I can
> get that from the message content.

IMHO, the revision number is the *most* important attribute of the commit.
Subversion uses global revision numbers: there is no per-file revisions
like CVS.  If you know the revision number, you can get everything else.
And, we already had a 'cvs commit: ' prefix on our previous CVS emails.  --
justin