apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <f...@red-bean.com>
Subject Re: Subversion Branch Names
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:55:11 GMT

On Nov 19, 2004, at 12:49 AM, Paul Querna wrote:

> Currently we have 'APR_0_9_BRANCH' and 'APU_0_9_BRANCH' as branch names
> in subversion.
>
> Is there any reason not to make these both '0.9.x'?
>
> This is how httpd has been done, and both APR/APU have '1.0.x'
> branches.
>
> I didn't want to just go do it now, since APR has been available via
> svn
> for several days now... any objections to renaming the branches?

+1, but since 'svn log --stop-on-copy' will log backwards until the
start of this latest copy, it may be worthwhile to note in your log
message the initial revision where the branch was created (for purposes
of merging later.  You can always get this information later, but it's
easier to just put it in the log message now.

-Fitz