apr-dev mailing list archives

From Friedrich Dominicus <fr...@q-software-solutions.de>
Subject Re: portability
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:07:05 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:

> At 08:24 AM 11/24/2004, Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
>
>>How about this code then?
>>
>>/* #ifndef _WIN32_WCE
>>    if (((*new)->td = (HANDLE)_beginthreadex(NULL,
>>                        attr && attr->stacksize > 0 ? attr->stacksize
: 0,
>>                        (unsigned int (APR_THREAD_FUNC *)(void *))dummy_worker,
>>                        (*new), 0, &temp)) == 0) {
>>        return APR_FROM_OS_ERROR(_doserrno);
>>    }
>
> If you let us know which compiler fails for you, we can
> have a look at it.  Let us know the compiler's defined()
> macro signature as well.
lcc-win32
__LCC__

However there are a bunch of other things I had to add/modify to
get libapr0.93 somehwat compiled. I now fail miserable with the 1.x
version because of poll problem.

Howerver it was still not an easy going to get libapr compiled on
MSVC, so I either I've messed up my MSVC, Windows or libapr or the
might be another problem

The point which we have trouble with are this declarations
#elif defined(APR_DECLARE_EXPORT)
#define APR_DECLARE(type)            __declspec(dllexport) type __stdcall
#define APR_DECLARE_NONSTD(type)     __declspec(dllexport) type
#define APR_DECLARE_DATA             __declspec(dllexport)
#else
#define APR_DECLARE(type)            __declspec(dllimport) type __stdcall
#define APR_DECLARE_NONSTD(type)     __declspec(dllimport) type
#define APR_DECLARE_DATA             __declspec(dllimport)

The declaration while building a DLL seem to be ok, but Mr Navia the
author of lcc-win32 thinks that the APR_DECLARE in the else part is
wrong. Maybe you can point us to the documentaton on where this is
required.

Regards
Friedrich