apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: msdev chokes on .dsp and .dsw in unix text file format
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 02:06:51 GMT
At 05:34 PM 11/19/2004, Garrett Rooney wrote:
>Kris Carlgren wrote:
>>Hi.  I know I’m new, and I wanted to check out the APR-1.0.0 release.  With the release,
APR is receiving a lot of attention at the moment, so I thought I’d post my only problem and
solution.

>>Everything compiled fine under cygwin and redhat linux, but choked in msdev.  The
.dsp and .dsw files are in Unix text file format, and msdev doesn’t give a clear error message.
 It simply says “project not found”.

>>Of course, the solution was to run lineends.pl on the tree and everything worked fine.

>>I propose adding lineends.pl to the “Build on Win32” page, or try to keep the .dsp
and .dsw files in DOS format.

>Actually now that APR is in Subversion we can just set svn:eol-style on the files in question
and never have this problem again.

ONLY if svn:eol-style crlf in conjunction with an svn diff produces
an identical result on linux and win32.  Even then it creates a
binary diff (mixing line ending codes).  This is -not- elegant.
Search for my previous rants on the subject.

Kris, are you using a win32 port of svn?  Or are you trying to
use a non-win32 port such as cygwin?  Those are two different
operating systems.

I love the idea of noting build/lineends.pl in the building on
win32 page!!!  I'm shocked it wasn't there and appologize for
the oversite.

Bill