apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] CVS to SVN migration complete
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 02:01:29 GMT
At 06:52 PM 11/19/2004, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>--On Saturday, November 20, 2004 1:49 AM +0100 André Malo <nd@perlig.de> wrote:
>
>>Just a question:
>>Maybe I'm missing the info - is the httpd trunk supposed to work with the
>>apr 1.0.x branch or just the apr trunk?
>
>We're going to have to decide which APR branch/release httpd 2.1/2.2 should work with
- and, we'll have to decide soon.  Whichever we pick, we need to stick 2.2 to a *released*
version of APR.  At this point, without a compelling argument, I'd vote for 1.0.x.  -- justin

I'll offer compelling argument.  Allen offered patches, which
Roy vetoed, to fix object sizes on 32/64/64 ILP bit platforms,
and told Allen to go back and fix APR.

That is the right answer, branch APR 1.x, fix on svn trunk (2.0.0)
and commit the right code in httpd-2.2 such that an allocation
of memory is consistently size_t and an allocation of disk is
consistently off_t, and none of which has anything to do with int
or long.

Bill