apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Win32 project building
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:35:11 GMT
At 02:02 AM 11/12/2004, David Christie wrote:
>Then I tried the dynamic libraries (project libaprutil). It failed immediately with:
>
>--------------------Configuration: libapr - Win32 Debug-------------------
>Creating apr.h from apr.hw
>Creating Version Resource
>Compiling resources...
>C:\ORG\apache\apr\libapr.rc (3): error RC2127 : version WORDs separated by commas expected
>C:\ORG\apache\apr\libapr.rc (3): error RC2167 : unrecognized VERSIONINFO field;  BEGIN
or comma expected
>Error executing rc.exe.

Which flavor of awk are you using?  We strongly recommend the
one cited on the 'building_win32' page.  DJGPP and GNU awk were
both flawed in 3.0.3-3.0.6.  You can try manually adjusting that
file for valid version tags.

Using some clever macros - we may eliminiate the dynamic creation
of VERSIONINFO tags in the coming few weeks - It's already in the
incubation/httpd/cli/trunk/mod_aspdotnet/ included version file
to generate different flavors of the version token, since we need
both comma and period delimited flavors.  I'll try backporting
this change.  About your static build - it sounds somehow fatally
flawed.  I will try to reproduce; note we use VC6 for our dev,
test and release, usually.  I've used the VC6 built apr in 2003
studio projects, but haven't tried building on 2003 studio in a while.

Bill


Mime
View raw message