apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: 2.2 roadmap with respect to APR was Re: [NOTICE] CVS to SVN migration complete
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:33:52 GMT
--On Wednesday, November 24, 2004 2:29 PM -0500 Cliff Woolley
<jwoolley@virginia.edu> wrote:

> I'm sick of all talk and no action.  We tried this last year when we were
> "almost" ready to branch APR 1.0 and all action on that front ceased
> entirely for a YEAR.  This time it's one or the other.  I'll wait 24 hours
> at most to hear opinions.  Whichever route gets the most support wins.

To be clear, I'm perfectly happy with merging to trunk in Allen's changes
*once* completed and reviewed and moving trunk to 2.x if need be - but I
want to be sure that we get the API perfect before we merge it into trunk.
I expect that it's going to take a few iterations to get the API 64-bit
clean and reviewed by everyone.  So, I'd rather not disrupt everything else
during the meantime.

This is about as clear cut a reason for a branch as I know.  =)  -- justin