apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: apxs/apr-config/apu-config on Win32
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:51:16 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> I've been testing out some perl scripts to emulate
> apxs/apr-config/apu-config on Win32 (under Apache/2.0.x),
> and was wondering if there was any interest in developing
> them within the appropriate httpd/apr sources. At present
> they can be installed via a perl script
>     http://perl.apache.org/dist/win32-bin/install_apxs
> This assumes an installed Apache binary with the associated
> apr/aprutil libs, but it would be possible to separate out
> the apxs from the apr/apu config utilties. In their present
> form they're intended for building modules outside of the
> httpd sources; they've been tested out on the c-modules
> within the perl-framework under httpd-test, as well as those
> under env/ of httpd-apreq-2, and they seem to work OK.

+1

Randy is a long time committer to the mod_perl project, so I'm sure that
if the proposed scripts are integrated with apr/httpd, Randy will be able
to maintain those, once the right karma is added. There are very few brave
folks who handle the win32 world, so let's make it easier for them to help
the disadventaged win32 users.