apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: msdev chokes on .dsp and .dsw in unix text file format
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:14:32 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> ONLY if svn:eol-style crlf in conjunction with an svn diff produces
> an identical result on linux and win32.  Even then it creates a
> binary diff (mixing line ending codes).  This is -not- elegant.
> Search for my previous rants on the subject.

I'm not sure exactly what the behavior is, but I will note that nobody
has seemed to have a problem with using svn:eol-style on these kind of
files in the Subversion tree.  If there is a problem with the way it
currently works I'm sure the Subversion dev list would like to hear
about it.  If there have been discussions about such things in the past
that were ignored then a reminder of the issues involved would probably
help get them dealt with.

Another possibility, FWIW, is to port the gen-make.py code from
Subversion that generates VS6 and VS.NET build files automatically,
rather than keeping manually generated ones in the tree.

-garrett