apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: 2.2 roadmap with respect to APR was Re: [NOTICE] CVS to SVN migration complete
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:32:34 GMT
On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 02:36:25PM -0500, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> 
> > To be clear, I'm perfectly happy with merging to trunk in Allen's changes
> > *once* completed and reviewed and moving trunk to 2.x if need be - but I
> 
> Nevertheless, the question at hand is what action to take RIGHT NOW.

The API changes are completely hypothetical at this point, so the only
action to take "RIGHT NOW" is to "END THIS SILLY DISCUSSION" i.e. stop
speculating about what to do once they are submitted and wait for them
to be submitted to dev@apr.  This is common sense and I believe that
doesn't require a vote.

Or if it does, -1 veto on either bumping the APR major version or
creating a branch or making toast with jam before Allan submits a patch
for review on dev@apr.

joe

p.s. STOP!  Put that toaster down you in the corner there.

Mime
View raw message