apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 2.2 roadmap with respect to APR was Re: [NOTICE] CVS to SVN
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:27:46 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

it at a measured pace, but we shouldn't intend to hold httpd 2.2 for that.  -- justin

> >>+1. Of course, I am assuming that his 64bit fixes will likely
> >>break binary compatibility.
> >

> > It does - that's the rub.  And, for 2.2, this was always the plan.
>
> And that's precisely the reason we should attack the 64 bit problem for 2.2. This will
give the 2.2 series a
> much longer life than if we push off the 64 bit work to 2.4.

I agree... Otherwise, we won't see many people move to
2.2 since 3rd party modules won't be available for it,
since module developers will know that within a "short"
amount of time, they'll need to "redo" their modules
for the 64bit fixes.

    "There 10 types of people: those who read binary and everyone else."