apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r76284 - apr/apr/trunk
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:12:39 GMT
--On Friday, November 19, 2004 11:11 AM -0700 Brad Nicholes
<BNICHOLES@novell.com> wrote:

>    Now that we have converted to SVN, why doesn't the subject line
> include the file that is being changed in the commit message?  This
> makes it harder to prioritize patches that need to be reviewed.

Our CVS mailer only showed the last directory (with files) that was
committed - so subject lines were *always* inaccurate when touching
multiple directories.  The SVN mailer always shows all directories that
were modified.  I think that's a far better compromise.  Plus, we've
received a number of complaints that the subject lines were too long to be
useful: hence just the directory names.  *shrug*  -- justin